I couldn't sleep at night....What created Little People of the World Organization [LPOTW]

Three years ago I was approached in a very negative way in regards to my dwarfism and certain things that were going on (not worth mentioning) during that time by other little people. I was so upset at seeing the future of Little People becoming nothing but a political environment among organizations and forgetting the true fundamentals of our cause for dwarfism. I was watching cliques (gangs, elite groups) forming, divisions among little people even with the LGBTQ Little People who felt like they were always being judged and forced in the corner, so we created the LGBTQ Little People Group.

After facing a lot of heat and even me becoming a target because I stood up for what was right and spoke out against the wrong, I decided to do something about it. On April 25th, 2017 I woke up after a day of pure crazy and very rude behavior from my own kind over simple factors that had to deal with “money” and who not to let in groups. I couldn’t handle that.

On April 24th that night I did something I never honestly do, I prayed. I prayed to find a better solution to the issues with dwarfism but make a better format and a much stronger community that wouldn’t allow for favoritism, gangs, conventions to be all about getting drunk and lude behavior while your kids sat in hotel rooms or at the pool. I was tired of hearing how little people in “certain areas” would bash average height people for dating Little People. Trust me I am actually a victim to that after I started Little People of the World. I grew tired of it being about who was better, who had money, who could give more and only if you were someone in their eyes could it be acceptable then. We forgot that everyone should be accepted, loved, and cared about.

On the morning of April 25th, it was like a bolt of lightning hit me and Little People of the World Organization was born. I didn’t wait, I got straight to work and within a week had most of my designs, webpage, documents, by-laws, and how I was going to run this company up. It was crazy fast and it was exciting and still is to this day. I wanted to make a change, to bring true resources to the people with dwarfism, short stature skeletal issues, and even GHD. So, we became the first Dwarf Organization to accept all 400+ types of dwarfism, including GHD diagnosis of all types. We were the first to 100% accept LGBTQ to be apart and have their own parts to our events and convention in the open for all to enjoy. We were the first to become a no-fee membership-based company. We wanted to ensure that all parts of what we do was about the REAL future of kids but also including the adults. So we created programs, have formed projects, gathered great partners in the world to help those with dwarfism truly find a way without any cost or very low cost.

With so many little people on disability, I just didn’t feel right about taking away from their pockets. Little People of the World Organization became the #1 spot for Little People to enjoy FREE memberships, free everything unless said otherwise on certain things but at a very low cost. We are the only company to recognize kids of the month to shine and show out who they are with their parents. My company focus is on one thing and one thing only, letting a person be a person, themselves with no judgment. I will always stick by to that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm deeply concerned

Statement from the Founder David Breshears of Little People of the World Organization